30.7.11

semi-precious obsession



Semi-precious stones are super beautiful and have over taken half of my accessory wardrobe. I can't help it! I love them! They're elegant, while also adding that "artsy/unique" edge that I always try to find with each outfit selection. I have noticed that they are becoming more and more popular, as they are beginning to be sold in large quantities in some of the most mainstream stores at the mall. Perhaps this is also due to the idea that the fashion world has been heading toward lately-- boutique is in and name brand is out. 

Some of my favorite semi-precious stones can be found in stores, while others you have to find in the mines of Latin America (or sometimes the street markets of these towns) or other parts of the world. I love them in the forms of rings, bracelets, and even statement necklaces. I found this website called Brooklyn Thread, which sells jewelry of this type -- and for my price range! 

Here is a collection of some of my favorite pieces from Brooklyn Thread. Enjoy! 

semi precious stones - brooklyn thread





No comments:

Post a Comment