17.9.10

new directions

So I have decided I am going to take my life in a new direction. I just now decided this. I am going to be happy. I am going to be eclectic. I am going to do what I like to do, and not what other people want me to do. This doesn't mean I am giving up law school or anything, I'm not. But I am going to wear my feather earrings everywhere and not care if some dumb bitch tells me I look like an ugly peacock. I am going to rock my multi-colored wardrobe and enjoy my dark purple painted room with orange and green accents. I am going to read my NYLON magazines, and not care who judges me when I say that "hipsters" are my favorite stereotype'd boys. I am going to keep my room messy and not appologize for it (HAAAA SIKE THATS ALREADY ALL THE TIME). I am going to wear my oxford shoes and not care if I am wearing a black and brown combination. I am going to speak in spanish when I drink and FIND someone who will speak it back with me. I am going to tell the cute boys I think they're cute. I am going to tell my friends I love them and stop worrying about dumb shit. I am going to enjoy DG and stop stressing about recruitment - I've done all I can do. I am going to wear long socks and not care if they match. I am going to DO WHAT I WANT! And that begins today.

Anyway, tomorrow is my first golf tournament. I am nervous, but I'm just so bad that it excites me. Only place to go from here is up! My Dad was talking to me and I told him that I got really mad about playing and how I am soooo bad and he was like... Sarah you're not good enough to be mad about it. PWND!!! At least he's honest!!

I think I am feeling a little better today because I did some retail therapy at Urban Outfitters and Forever21. I bought some cool little robot earrings at Forever and a T-shirt dress. At Urban Outfitters I got this sweet fedora hat (I love them), a grey cardigan (shocking, I KNOW. Me in a cardigan. How new.... not), and a black sweater dress thats baggy in all the right areas and tight in all the others. I feel better. Why does shopping do this to you? Oh the joys of wasting money and such. I am consumerist. I admit it. I am even looking up on the other tabs of my website - NYMAG, Urban Outfitters, and PerezHilton's Fashion blog thing, cocoperez.

That leads me to my next point. PEREZ HILTON I READ EVERY POST YOU PUT ON YOUR SITE. I am so lame. I couldn't tell you what the Ohio House voted on today, but I could tell you what Jennifer Aniston's latest boyfriends name is, or what weird thing Gaga wore on her head today was. Speaking of, I LOVE GAGA.

So Geras told me that he got a job in Mexico where he works in this Doctors house, cleaning, gardening, and essentially running errands from the office to the house all day long. He is getting paid $130 (pesos) a day for 4 hours of work. I think it's a pretty good deal. And then after that he gets to stay and eat dinner with the family. That's kinda cool! And the fact that Belanova is his good friend still blows my mind. Things are still a little weird between us, but that's how it is. I like this relaxed relationship we have going on right now. I think it's important to not cut someone out of your life if you're not sure you want to, but not being able to do fun things is not right. I think we've got it down. I can go out. I can meet people. I can do what I want as long as I call and say goodnight at some point. It's fine with me for right now, because I feel like I am at that point in my life where I don't know what's happening next. That's so scary. OK I need to move off this topic.

My housemate Lex is downstairs drinking with everyone, and Mere is down at OSU for the night. I am in my room. I can't drink because of golf, and honestly I just don't have any ganas to drink. Tomorrow will be a better day. There's a jersey party, but I don't do that stuff. I'll see where I end up.

Update: Audrey just told me her and Julia are on the way. So much for a quiet night in. There goes THAT LSAT study night. WHY AM I UPDATING MY BLOG INSTEAD OF STUDYING? Ugh, story of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment