5.9.12

The battle of the Ohio Governors- who did better?



Last night was the first evening of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina. And as expected, it was filled with excitement and all kinds of speakers, making their cases for why the United States should elect Barack Obama as their President for the next four years. This is all coming after the Republicans had their convention in Tampa last week.

This election is all about keeping supporter states strong and battling it out for those battleground states. According to CNN.com, the battleground states are Nevada, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio, New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida. At both conventions, my home state of Ohio was represented. After all, no Republican candidate has ever won an election without winning Ohio. And as an Ohio native, and lover of politics, I am thrilled to get the attention (while I know many people are not). Both Governor Kasich and former Governor Strickland were able to represent Ohio at their respective political parties convention. 

So, who did better? 




Governor Kasich's Speech at the RNC 2012

Former Governor Strickland's Speech at the DNC 2012


Openly I admit, I am a strong Obama supporter and would obviously side with former Governor Strickland. The automobile industry is due to the President's initiative and without it, Ohio could be 800,000 jobs down. Not only was the former Governor explosive and had sound-bite after sound-bite, but he was so good that he inspired a new twitter handle. @outsourcedelf. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out here.

But I have to admit, Kasich held his own. And although I'm not an avid fan of the man, I will admit, he did what he was sent to do. 

However, I would say, if it comes down to who's speech will be remembered the next time the Conventions roll around, I have to give the prize to former Governor Strickland. 

And if you don't have a twitter account, you might want to get one. It's been addicting and fun just to see what people come up with while watching these conventions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment